Art Journaling June: Prompt 4
Doodle, Watercolor & Collage
- Art Journal (My favorite is Canson XL Mixed Media Pad)
- Opaque Watercolor Pan Set OR any other watercolor paint/set
- Watercolor paint brush (Medium)
- White Gel Pen and/or White Paint Pen
- Black Sharpie (Ultra fine)
- Mulberry paper
- Mod Podge or Acrylic Medium
- Small spray bottle with water
- Cup of water for paint brushes
With a black Sharpie, begin doodling on a black journal page. Doodle over the entire page, but leave some open spaces collaging later. If you need some ideas for doodling samples, look online.
After you’ve completely doodled the entire page, spray with water to wet the paper.
While page is still wet, begin adding color to your doodle. Try to keep a color scheme in mind based on the colors of Mulberry paper you plan on using. Also add some darker shaded areas of color to create some depth in your doodling drawing.
With a hairdryer, completely dry the surface of your page making sure there are no damp areas.
Some pieces of mulberry paper into simiar shapes that are in your doodle drawing.
Adhere your pieces of mulberry paper in random areas on your doodled page with Mod Podge (or acrylic medium).
Completely dry your page with a hairdryer.
With a white Gel Pen begin to doodle over painted dark areas. You can even doodle over the mulberry paper. Also you can go back with a black Sharpie to accentuate or thicken some of the doodled lines previously drawn.