Art Journaling for Beginners
With Lisa Agaran
Throughout history, art journaling has been used by artists as a tool for capturing ideas and inspiration. Art journals have also been a common place to record trips, memories and one’s legacy. But it can also be a transformative tool to utilize during life’s transitions, when you need to gain some clarity on a major decision or just need to process thoughts and feelings in a visual way.
Unlike a writing journal where you are using the linear part of your brain, art journaling can go deeper. Studies have shown that creative expression can capture unconscious thoughts that we may not be aware of, which can lead to self-discovery and connecting more deeply to our inner wisdom.
Art journaling can be a tool in helping us to feel more empowered, grounded and heart centered, especially during life’s challenging life experiences. It can be a creative form of self-care.
If you keep a regular writing journal, but are looking to add a visual quality and depth, art journaling is the perfect addition
It can also be the ideal way to to begin a creative practice, especially if you are new to art making or any form of artistic expression. In your art journal you are allowed to get messy, be imperfect and create without any prior art experience. It can become a safe place to explore your creativity and PLAY!
In this online course, Lisa will teach you the basics to art journaling as well as a variety of fun and easy techniques to fill your journal pages. Below are some of the techniques that will be covered in this course:
- Creative backgrounds – Learn different techniques to create easy & creative backgrounds.
- Using text pages – Utilizing pages of text can be a fun way to collage & create backgrounds.
- Tissue paper texture – Learn how to add texture to your pages using tissue paper.
- Monochromatic schemes – Using a monochromatic color scheme can create an entirely different look to your pages.
- Doodling – Learn how to apply a variety of doodles to your journal pages.
- Stair Stepping Pages – Learn how to use multiple pages to create a stair step look.
- Guided Visualization – Narrated by Lisa to help relax & center you before working in your journal.
- 10 Mixed Media Principles Printout & Audio – Tips to help you through the process as a beginner and to encourage your ongoing creative journey.
- Printable Book of Instructions – Each technique comes with a video demonstration & printable instructions.
All levels of art experience welcome. This class is also perfect for beginners getting their feet wet in Mixed Media or any form of art making. Learn More
(This is a self-pace online course provided through my Teachable platform)
Enroll today and get instant access to the online course.