Next class coming soon!
Live Zoom Class
Creating your own custom found objects can give your mixed media artwork a look and style that’s uniquely your own. Join me in this fun and easy workshop where we will create our own clay creations and mock sea pottery. Through the use of air drying clay, we will hand mold our clay findings and then incorporate color through the use of acrylic painting. We will also create mock sea pottery using real stones. Then pull it all together to create two different finished projects. Adults 18+
Scroll down to view a list of materials you will need for this class.
If you are unable to make any of the classes, no worries, I will be recording each session so they will be available for later viewing during the duration of the class, plus a week after the class has ended.
This class is available to take as a Non-Zoomer Option (See below for more information).
Please select “Attend Live” OR “Non-Zoomer” option below before adding this workshop to your cart.
Materials You Will Need
- ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay White 2.2 pounds
- Variety of pebble stones or small river rocks with smooth surface (small to medium size)
- Acrylic paint (variety of colors)
- Acrylic paint metallics (silver, gold or copper)
- paint brushes
- Paint palette, butcher tray OR plastic plates for mixing paint
- Brayer, small rolling pin or dowel (1 1/2” dia.)
- Saran wrap, parchment or silicone mat
- (180-220) grit sandpaper
- Tin foil
- Ziplock bags
- small bowl of water
- Variety of sculpting tools (ie. sea sponge, skewers, toothpicks, chopsticks, palette knives, small dowels, straws, stamps, etc.)
- latex gloves (optional)
- embroidery floss or craft cord + needle
- 140 lb. watercolor paper
- makeup sponges
- Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate
- (3) 6 x 6 in. canvas OR wood cradle panels
- Matt medium (or Mod Podge, Decoupage)
- Ability to printout black and white prints from a Laser Printer, Monochrome printer OR photocopies (if you prefer not to leave your home, please let me know by email for additional options.)
Do you feel overwhelmed by the thought of using Zoom? Don’t have a computer with video & audio? Or you just would prefer not to attend an online class live?
No worries. I realize that the whole tech stuff can be a huge learning curve for many and can be overwhelming. It’s more important to me that this class is available to everyone on different levels, so you have a Non-Zoomer Option to take this class.
Email Recordings: You don’t need to attend any of the Zoom classes LIVE, but instead you have the option to take the class by watching the recordings that will be emailed to you after each class has ended. You will receive all the same PDFs of lessons and instructions. You will also be able to email me with any questions about the project and techniques. Recordings will be available for viewing online for the duration of the class, plus a week after the last class has ended.
“ I participated in Lisa’s Wabi Sabi class as a “Non-Zoomer” and for me it couldn’t have been more successful. I work from home in the company of two noisy dogs. Not a good prescription for a Zoom class. I found that participating as a Non-Zoomer, more than met my needs. I was able to enjoy each of the classes on my own time and at my own pace.
Online Workshop Cancellation & Refund Policy
This class is not confirmed unless a minimum of 5 attendees sign-up. A full refund is provided for cancellations made up to 5 days before online class begins. If cancellation is received after 5 days prior to the starting date, a $20 processing fee will be retained. Sorry no refunds once the class has begun. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop/class if required. Should this happen, you would have the choice of a refund or transferred to a future workshop/class of your choice.