Materials You Will Need
- ACTIVA Plus Natural Self-Hardening Clay White 2.2 pounds (White or Black)
- Acrylic paint (variety of colors)
- Acrylic paint metallics (silver, gold or copper)
- paint brushes
- Kroma Crackle or Ranger Industries Crackle Texture Paste (Optional)
- Paint palette, butcher tray OR plastic plates for mixing paint
- Brayer, small rolling pin or dowel (1 1/2” dia.) for rolling clay
- Waxed paper, parchment, silicone mat (OR Non-stick surface)
- (180-220) grit sandpaper
- Tin foil
- Ziplock bag to store unused clay
- small bowl of water
- Variety of sculpting tools (ie. sea sponge, skewers, toothpicks, chopsticks, palette knives, small dowels, straws, stamps, etc.)
- latex gloves (optional)
- embroidery floss or craft cord + needle
- 140 lb. watercolor paper
- makeup sponges
- Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate OR extra glue
- (3) 6 x 6 in. canvas board, wood cradle panels OR MDF panels
- Matt medium (or Mod Podge, Decoupage)
- Variety of collage materials (ie. gelli prints, handmade papers, mulberry paper, fabric scraps, etc.)
With Lisa Agaran
2 Saturdays | August 20 & 27 | $80
1:00-3:00 pm (PDT) / 4:00-6:00 pm Eastern
Live Zoom Class | Non-Zoom Option Available (View details below)
Non-Zoomer option: If you are unable to make the live workshop or prefer not to appear on Zoom, not a problem. Instead you can do the workshop through the recording, which is emailed to all attendees at the end of the day. This recording will be available to re-watch up to 4 weeks after the workshop has ended.
Creating your own custom found objects can give your mixed media artwork a look and style that’s uniquely your own. Join me in this fun and easy workshop where we will create our own clay creations. Through the use of air drying clay, we will hand mold our clay findings and then incorporate color through the use of acrylic paintings & mediums. Then pull it all together to create a finished project by incorporating collage materials and more. The week in between the two sessions will be used for clay drying time. Adults 18+
If you are unable to make any of the classes, no worries, I will be recording each session so they will be available for later viewing during the duration of the class, plus 4 weeks after the class has ended.
Please select “Attend Live” OR “Non-Zoomer” option below
before adding this workshop to your cart.
Online Workshop Cancellation & Refund Policy
This class is not confirmed unless a minimum of 5 attendees sign-up. A full refund is provided for cancellations made up to 5 days before online class begins. If cancellation is received after 5 daysprior to the starting date, a $20 processing fee will be retained. Sorry no refunds once the class has begun. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop/class if required. Should this happen, you would have the choice of a refund or transferred to a future workshop/class of your choice.