Paper Cloth & Junk Book
Next class to be scheduled soon!
LIVE on Zoom (requires a computer, tablet or smart phone with a camera enabled).
Join me in this LIVE online class where you can escape the challenges of these times, relax and have fun creating this unique project. Using both vintage and present-day ephemera (discarded materials), fabric scraps, found objects, and paints, we will create what is also referred to as a “Junk Journal.” We will also explore composition, placement, color schemes and more. This online class is a fun way to tap into your inner creativity while discovering artistic beauty in everyday materials. The final product is a hand-made book of your creation with each page containing an artistic collage of materials with richness and dimension. All levels of art experience welcome. Adults ages 18+
New to using Zoom? I will be offering a warm up session a few days before the class begins to help you get familiar with the process of how it all works, so you can feel comfortable taking a class online (To be announced).
You can also watch this quick video on how to join the classroom
Do you feel overwhelmed by the thought of using Zoom? Or you just would prefer not to attend an online class live? No worries. I realize that the whole tech stuff can be a huge learning curve for many and can be overwhelming. It’s more important to me that this class is available to everyone on different levels, so I also offer a Non-Zoomer Option to take this class.
This is how it will work. After each class session you will receive an email from me with a link to the recorded version of the live class. Included will be printable materials and video demonstrations & lectures I will be teaching in the LIVE class. You can watch the recordings at your leisure, when it’s convenient to you and in the comfort of your own home. You will also be able to email me with any questions about the project and techniques. Recordings will be available for viewing for the duration of the class.
Materials you will need:
- Collection of upcycled & discarded materials (Ephemera) a list of suggestions to give you some ideas will be provided upon registration
- Fabric scraps (variety of materials, cheesecloth, burlap, muslin, etc.)
- Acrylic Paintings (Variety of your favorite colors + Unbleached Titanium or Buff White)
- Gesso (White)
- Matte Medium (or Mod Podge, Decoupage or Gell Medium)
- Tacky Glue
- Paint brushes & Cup for water
- Puddy Spreader, Old Credit Card or burnisher
- Makeup sponge or wedges
- Colored Pencils (Optional)
- (3) Manila folders
- (3) 8 1/2 x 11 in. Card Stock (any color)
- (2) 1″ Binder Rings
- (2) 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch Chipboard (You can use the backing of a note pad or equivalent)
- Hole Puncher
- Paper Towels
- Paint palette or plastic plates