Materials You Will Need:
- Hot Glue Gun & Sticks (8-10 sticks)
- Regular or Mini Iron
- Thick chipboard (or the backing of a pad of paper) OR 1/8” thick MDF board OR Small Plywood rectangles. Trimmed roughly to sizes 3 x 3, 4 x 6, 5 x 7 inches. They don’t have to be these exact sizes, these are just suggested sizes).
- Gelli Plate (8 x 10 in.) OR if you have a smaller size you can work on smaller sheets of paper.
- 70 lb. (or less) Drawing Paper OR Printer Paper 24 lb.
- 140 lb. watercolor paper (trimmed to 6 x 6 in. squares, 3-4)
- Pre-Tea dyed 8 1/2 x 11 in. sheets of printer paper & ironed flat (Roughly 10 sheets)
- White Deli Paper (optional)
- 10 Sheets of Brown paper bag (trimmed to roughly 8 x 10 in.) OR Kraft Paper (70 lb. or less). Pre-painted with one layer of black acrylic paint one one side.
- Parchment paper for baking
- Variety of handmade, mulberry, washi, papers, etc. (optional)
- Variety of mark making tools (string, yarn, variety of different paint brushes, old worn paint brush, sea sponges, feathers, makeup sponges, etc.)
- Acrylic paints (variety of colors)
- Matte medium, Decoupage or Mod Podge
- Putty spreader
- Cup & bowl for water
- Sponge & paper towels
Create It Collage It
With Lisa Agaran
Saturday July 30
10:00 am – 3:30 pm (PDT) / 1:00 pm – 6:30 pm (Eastern)
(Lunch break: 12 Noon-1pm)
Live on Zoom
Non-Zoomer option available (View details below)
What makes your mixed media artwork 100% original and unique is creating your own collage materials. This approach moves you beyond pre-designed stencils or patterns that have been duplicated by other mixed media artists. Each of us has our own artistic preferences when it comes to color schemes, certain patterns and designs. This influences our unique artistic style. Therefore, when you create your own collage materials, they are infused with decisions and choices that you made during the creative process. This is uniquely your own. Having a nice collection of your own custom collage materials provides a wider selection to choose from when you’re working on your mixed media projects.
Join me as we spend a day having fun creating a variety of collage materials. I will take you through different techniques such as Gelli plate printing, mark making, and creating your own stamp designs with a hot glue gun. Then we’ll pull it all together to create an artistic collage piece. Adults 18+
Non-Zoomer option: If you are unable to make the live workshop or prefer not to appear on Zoom, not a problem. Instead you can do the workshop through the recording, which is emailed to all attendees at the end of the day. This recording will be available to re-watch up to 4 weeks after the workshop has ended.
Please select Attend Live OR Non-Zoomer option below
before adding this workshop to your cart.
Online Workshop Cancellation & Refund Policy
This class is not confirmed unless a minimum of 5 live attendees sign-up. A full refund is provided for cancellations made up to 5 days before online class begins. If cancellation is received after 5 days prior to the starting date, a $20 processing fee will be retained. Sorry no refunds once the class has begun. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop/class if required. Should this happen, you would have the choice of a refund or transferred to a future workshop/class of your choice.