Book of Creative Discoveries
With Lisa Agaran
Saturdays, September 25-October 16
11:00 am-1:00 pm (PDT) / 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern
Live Zoom Workshop (Non-Zoomer option available)
In this class series we will be exploring a variety of mixed media techniques such as watercolor effects, mark making, fabric paper, weaving and much more. This class is the perfect way to get your feet wet with mixed media as well as advance your skills. We will explore how to combine different mediums & materials to create textural and artistic pages for a book you will then bind together. In this class you are allowed to get messy, be spontaneous, stay organic & abstract so you can free up your creativity without having to be artistic or perfect in what you create. Any art experience welcome. Adults 18+
Below is a list of materials you will need for this class.
If you are unable to make any of the classes, no worries, I will be recording each session so they will be available for later viewing during the duration of the class, plus a few weeks after the class has ended.
This class is available to take as a Non-Zoomer Option (See below for more information)
Materials You Will Need
- 9 x 12 in. (98 lb., 90 lb. or less) Watercolor Paper or any paper that can handle mixed media applications
- Opaque Watercolor paints (tube or pan set)
- Acrylic Paints (Variety of Colors)
- Matte Medium or Mod Podge
- Gesso & Palette Knife
- Colored Pencils
- Saran Wrap
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Mat
- Tissue Paper (usually used for gift wrapping, white or any light color) OR Sewing Pattern Tissue Paper
- Variety of handmade papers (mulberry paper, washi paper, etc.) Black Ink Mulberry Pack
- Paintbrushes (a variety of different sizes)
- Paint palette, butcher tray or plastic plate (for mixing paint)
- Plastic cup for water & brushes
- Variety of mark making tools (credit card, putty spreader, palette knives, old worn out paint brush, old comb, branches, leaves, twine, etc)
- Spray bottle with water
- Craft Cord or Embroidery Floss & needle
- Hair Dryer
- Brayer (Optional)
- Awl, small hole puncher OR something to pierce holes into your pages
- (3) 1” or 1 1/2″ Binding Rings OR twine to create ties for the book bind. You are also free to use any other booking binding method.
Do you feel overwhelmed by the thought of using Zoom? Don’t have a computer with video & audio? Or you just would prefer not to attend an online class live?
No worries. I realize that the whole tech stuff can be a huge learning curve for many and can be overwhelming. It’s more important to me that this class is available to everyone on different levels, so you have a Non-Zoomer Option to take this class.
Email Recordings: You don’t need to attend any of the Zoom classes LIVE, but instead you have the option to take the class by watching the recordings that will be emailed to you after each class has ended. You will receive all the same PDFs of lessons and instructions. You will also be able to email me with any questions about the project and techniques. Recordings will be available for viewing online for the duration of the class, plus a week after the last class has ended.
“ I participated in Lisa’s Wabi Sabi class as a “Non-Zoomer” and for me it couldn’t have been more successful. I work from home in the company of two noisy dogs. Not a good prescription for a Zoom class. I found that participating as a Non-Zoomer, more than met my needs. I was able to enjoy each of the classes on my own time and at my own pace.
This class is not confirmed unless a minimum of 5 attendees sign-up. A full refund is provided for cancellations made up to 5 days before online class begins. If cancellation is received after 5 days prior to the starting date, a $20 processing fee will be retained. Sorry no refunds once the class has begun. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule a workshop/class if required. Should this happen, you would have the choice of a refund or transferred to a future workshop/class of your choice.