Book of Creative Discoveries
Sorry this class is filled.
8-Week Class, Thursdays, March 4 – April 22
3:00-4:30 pm (PST) / 6:00-7:30 pm Eastern
Live Zoom Workshop
In this class series we will be exploring a variety of mixed media techniques such as watercolor effects, mark making, fabric paper, weaving and much more. This class is the perfect way to get your feet wet with mixed media as well as advance your skills. We will explore how to combine different mediums & materials to create textural and artistic pages for a book you will then bind together. In this class you are allowed to get messy, be spontaneous, stay organic & abstract so you can free up your creativity without having to be artistic or perfect in what you create. Join me in this 8-week LIVE Zoom class where we can create “together” in the comfort and safety of our own homes. Adults 18+
Below is a list of materials you will need for this class.
If you are unable to make any of the classes, no worries, I will be recording each session so they will be available for later viewing during the duration of the class, plus a week after the class has ended.
This class is available to take as a Non-Zoomer Option (See below for more information).
Since each class will be recorded for later viewing, sorry no refunds will be issued for cancellations
- 9 x 12 in. (98 lb., 90 lb. or less) Watercolor Paper or any paper that can handle mixed media applications
- Opaque Watercolor paints (tube or pan set)
- Acrylic Paints (Variety of Colors)
- Matte Medium or Mod Podge
- Gesso & Palette Knife
- Colored Pencils
- Saran Wrap
- Saran Wrap or Silicone Mat
- Tissue Paper (usually used for gift wrapping, white or any light color) OR Sewing Pattern Paper
- Mulberry Sampler Packet
- Paintbrushes (a variety of different sizes)
- Paint palette, butcher tray or plastic plate (for mixing paint)
- Plastic cup for water & brushes
- Variety of mark making tools (credit card, putty spreader, palette knives, old worn out paint brush, old comb, branches, leaves, twine, etc)
- Spray bottle with water
- Thread & Sewing Needle OR Tapestry Needle & Embroidery Floss (or Craft Cord)
- Magic Tape or Washi Tape
- Brayer (Optional)
- Awl, hole puncher OR something to pierce holes into your pages
- (3) 1” Binding Rings