Materials You Will Need:
- Acrylic Paints (Variety of colors)
- 9 x 12 in. Canson XL Mix Media Pad / 98 lb. or less
- Paint brushes (variety of sizes & styles, doesn’t have to be expensive brushes)
- Painting palette for mixing paint in (butcher tray or white plastic disposable plates)
- Acrylic Modeling Paste (wait to purchase until after the first week)
- Variety of fabric or Muslin & Cheesecloth
- Variety of collage materials
- Palette Knife
- Putty Spreader or Squeegee (for flattening down collage materials)
- Matte Medium, Mod Podge (Matte) OR Matte Decoupage
- Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate OR E6000 (For adhering found objects)
- Pre-primed MDF art panels, Cradle Art Panels OR Gallery wrapped canvases (wait to purchase until after the 2nd week)
- 140 lb. Watercolor cut to 4 x 4 in. or 3 x 4 in. tiles
- Variety of paint brushes & cup for water
From Life to Art: Infusing Meaning into Your Art
Saturdays, August 14 – Sept. 4
11:00 am – 1:00 pm (PDT) / 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern
Live Class on Zoom
Sometimes it’s rewarding to make art for the joy of it and for simply creating artistic beauty. When you create art with the intention or attaching meaning, your artwork not only has more depth, but it also becomes more meaningful to you during the creative process. The term “meaning-making,” is a psychological concept to which one is seeking a deeper understanding of a life event, a place or simply a technique. Whatever the meaning or intention behind what you’re creating, becomes infused in your creation.
Join me as we approach art making in a different and unique way. In this 4-week workshop, you will have an opportunity to select what meaning or intention you would like to explore through art making. By first collecting resource material, whether that be going out and photographing or using existing images, we will begin to extract the essence of your meaning or intention. Through the use of a color palette, mixed media techniques, collage and more, we will create an abstract translation. You will have the option to create a series of small pieces or a few larger pieces. Whatever size you feel is calling to you.
This workshop is for those who have had mixed media, acrylic painting & color mixing experience. Adults 18+
Make sure to review the materials list to determine what you will need for the class.
If you are unable to make any of the classes, no worries, I will be recording each session so they will be available for later viewing during the duration of the class, plus a week after the class has ended.
This class is available to take as a Non-Zoomer Option (See below for more information).
Please select “Attend Live” OR “Non-Zoomer” option below before adding this workshop to your cart.